• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which martial art movie star do you like best?

I have repeated this fact many times over. S. Steagal was choked out by Gene Lebelle many times over in a row to the point of pissing himself. It was on the set of Out for Justice. Dan Inosanto was there and saw the whole thing. Gene Lebelle is not in the credits for obvious reasons. My point is that Seagal is a pussy ass fighter that could not survive a fight against any MMA or real fighter. He is a wuss-boy actor lving on myth along. What really pisses me off is that he claims that he can command the "divine" spirits.

Is he greater than any God, I thnk not.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.

This Message was edited by: Patrick on Jun 27, 2001 11:47am

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't count on any movie displaying any real talent of any martial artist, other than some coordination, acrobats, stunts and that sort of general thing. If all these people fought in real life, like they did in the movies, they'd all be a joke. Some are talented in real life, but most aren't. I wouldn't use that to judge anyone, since it's all pretty much a joke and it's just coregraphed crap anyway. Sometimes it's fin to watch, but how many people really go out of their way to watch a lot of martial arts flicks and actually put any thought into what's going on? It's all just for fun and for action, it means nothing.

As for Seagal, I really wouldn't know other than what I've seen him do in those movies and some other information I've seen and heard from many sources. You can bet your life, that the majority of these "actors" are 'wuss boys', because they are actors. Some might really be able to fight, but again, most can't. It takes a lot of time and money for them to be trained to do these ridiculous, pointless moves that no one would dare try in a real fight, unless they wanted to get hurt. As for this Lebelle incedent, why would that have happened? I mean, I'm curious, how and why would something like that happen? How old are these people? You'd think that an altercation on a movie set could be easily avoided, are they just simply idiot's? I'm also not sure what you mean about anyone living on myth's, it's a movie, only someone uneducated in martial arts would find any of the movie stuff impressive, but they also are the type that watch MTV, so...

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)

My friend, who heard it directly from Inosanto told me the story. It is hearsay, but from the story, Seagal was pushing Lebelle around saying he was just an "old timer" that didn't know shit. Anyway Seagal said "you couldn't choke me out in a minut....." and Lebelle had him unconscious. After Seagal woke up he said "i wan't ready, come do it again you old ma...." and Lebelle had him choked out yet again.

My friend told me that according to Inosanto that it was a sad, sad site. Seagal had been choked out several times by the time it was over and that he had defecated himself.

I really doubt that my friend or Inosanto would make up these stories. It is more believable that Seagal is an ass that thinks he's tougher than he really is.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.

This Message was edited by: Patrick on Jun 27, 2001 11:50am

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

hmmm... :idea:

I know you are all going to hate me for this but you have to admit that Lucy Liu did a dam fine job at pretending in Charles Angels.

Stop hissing at me..... but she can kick my arse any day... :lol: OMG... I don't believe I just said that.

thaiboxerken, I wouldn't assume Dan Inosanto (I assume that's whom you meant) would make it up, and I'm not out to insult your friend. In fact, I'm not questioning it if happened, it just sounds so stupid. I mean, to be blunt, anyone that would challenge someone to try that, especially repeated times, is someone that would be a waste of time to make an example out of, or waste your time proving it to the dork... I'm sure you agree with that. However, fun is fun... I might have done it myself.. but then again, I'd probably not humor the jerk.

As for Lucy Liu, if I wasn't married, I would probably let her beat me too. :-) Man, what a BAD movie that was... A wsste of 2 hours I'll never get back. My wife said she wanted to see it to see how bad it was, even she can't stand the thought of wasting that much time. Ugh...

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)

Thanks Tim!

Finally someone else who agrees with me, I think that the audience got sick of us laughing at the movie :???: . Apparently it is this years best action... hmm... I think we are all in trouble.

Bad movie that Charlie's Angels. But I liked the women. Lucy Liu did Martial Arts movies before she made it big in Hollywood.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

Yes, Gene LeBelle didn't want to fight Seagal at all. But Steven kept pushing the old man around until Gene just couldn't take it anymore. Sometimes an arrogant person needs to be humbled.. but Seagal is beyond help, he is still a very arrogant and nasty person. He has been known to purposely hurt his stunt-men actors in movies, punching them in the face, tossing them and missing the landing mats and torquing the wrist locks.

In my book Bruce Lee was the most real,but I think the point here is they are all movie stars ,whether they can fight doesn't really matter it's their screen presents and acting presents.Hey,there are some actors who can look the part but don't claim to be great martial artist..eg:Robert Dinero in Raging Bull,Danniel Day Lewis,Sly Stalone,Wesley Snipes,Mel Gibson,Mickey Rourke(even though he did box)Brad Pitt,to name a few.

The poin is that it the movie business,the business of fantasy :nod: