• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which martial art movie star do you like best?

For me, Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee will be always the best in movies and in martial arts. Their ability and spirit in martial arts can't be compared with Van Damme, Chuck Norris or Steven Seagal.

And I like the way that some of you say "oh.... Chuck Norris would kick his * or Van Damme would give him a punch in the head!!!!" Remember that we see all them in the movies... I don't know how they would react in a real life situation!!!!!

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAN PLEASE. Even though i'm a karateka i hate defense fighters vann damme and chuck is all about offense. they will hit you before they wait for somebody to attack them like jackie chan does.

falcon kick!!!

Vann Damme and Chuck are not all about offense but all about high kicks and if for you a good martial art movie star is someone that only does that!!!!! MAN...I'm glad that you are not a film director!!!!!!

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water...

Sano,

Jackie has said many times that he doesn't want to emulate traditional martial arts heros where they fight for hours on end without a scratch. Those hits are scripted. He doesn't want the audience to think he is invincible. He will therefore make a face when he takes a hit or go down instead of standing there stonefaced.

I actually find it less entertaining to see the hero standing and one arm techniquing his foes like he all that much superior ex. jet li cradle to the grave.

my favourites are:

-Bruce Lee (Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do)

-Jet Li (Wushu)

-Jackie Chan (Mixture Of Different Kung Fu Styles)

-Chow Yun Fat (Mixture Of Kung Fu Styles)

-Steven Segal (Aikido)

-Jean Claud Vandamme (Kick Boxing)

-Bolo Yeung (Shotokan Karate)

- A coward dies a thousand deaths, A warrior dies but once.

- No matter how strong the wind is, The mountain cannot bow to it.

as a former pro wrestler in training they would always tell me that the crowd likes big flashy moves that they can understand. my trainer used to say do high impact moves such as wheel kicks, dropkicks and high kicks because they look impressive. just like the movies people do not want to see a guy blocking all day they want to see more offense. if you notice people always talk about jet li because of the high impact moves he does, while only a few talk about jackie chan. if they talk about jackie is because of his stunts. people like big simple stuff they can relate to. when ever we did matches the instructor would always say "you are telling a story when your in a match". That exactly how Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Jet Li and Segal fight in the movies. But i guess Jackie just does not understand america i guess.

falcon kick!!!

Thats why jackie has only had more than a few blockbusters.....

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

ok, sorry for throughing around the word blockbuster. Let's just call them 'movies that made money'

Rush hour 1 & 2

The Tuxedo

shanghai 1 &2

The medallion (don't know how it did, sorry)

just to name a few

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi