• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Flips in the movie... Lol

Well. As you can probably already tell. I watch too many films. But... In I think all the kung fu films I have seen there is the same really cool move.

When you are lying down on the floor (say you've been knocked down) they bring their legs close together and kick them both out and somehow get up without using their arms! You must know which one I'm talking about.

Please. I would really like to know how to do it. Can anyone tell me!? :bawling:

Everybodies Going Kung Fu Fighting! Yah Hoocha! LMAO

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep trying and eventually it'll click. You just have to know how it feels I guess. Though for some reason I can do it when my hands touch the floor next to my head even if I'm using no pressure at all, but I can't do it with my legs alone. Weird.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

Try doing it outside on a slight hill, with your legs on the lower side. This will alow you do get the feel of it, then you can move to level ground.

Might as well take my advice--I don't use it anymore.

The first Kicknastics tape from the Century Video Library teaches you how to do a kip-up. There's one of two ways: with hands or without hands. I find it easiest with hands.

Once you get the feel of it, be careful not to over-rotate! My one friend keeps doing that and smashing his face: Kip-up, land on feet, keep....on...tipping...*SPLAT* :dead:

ouch.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.