• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

[b]Which Style is Right for Me?[/b]

I want to take a karate class so much. I have taken a class before, it lasted about a month or two and then they closed down for some reason. I also don't know which style I should try to learn. I have heard about Shoalin and [/i]Kung Fu of course. I think Shoalin could be cool. Well, if anyone has got any information :idea: or questions :-? for me, you know where to find me :) .

Thanks.

:karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
not that i know too much but i'm looking for a style as well and am considering Shaolin. If you want help you havta tall peole why you what the style. what you want to achieve. why you want to take Martial arts. then maybe list some styles you are interesdted in and choose accordingly. oh also you need to see what is avalible around you

"Do what your heart tells you, so you won't regret it later. That's the right path... for people who live life in the present."

Yeah, you should do some research and find out which style you'd prefer. Watch some classes of some different school sin your area.

My personal preference would be wing chun (kung fu), cross-training in kickboxing or boxing.

Visit Shaolin, Chinese Martial Arts

- I don't fear the 10,000 techniques you've practised once, I fear the one technique you've practiced 10,000 times. -

I want to do it for many reasons:

-Stay in Shape.

-Self-Defence, etc.

I am also willing to travel, as long as it isn't too far away (maybe under 30 miles away).

I have researched a bit on Shaolin, Ninjutsu, and Kung Fu.

If anyone lives in Ky and knows about any places I can learn around here, tell me.

Thanks.

Just so you know. Shaolin is Kung Fu.

Just be careful if you're looking into Shaolin. Make sure it's not modern Wushu if you want to learn self defence. Also, make sure it's not a school just calling itself Shaolin since that seems to be a new 'fad'.

And I stand by my first post :)

Kung Fu cross-training in kickboxing or boxing.

Visit Shaolin, Chinese Martial Arts

- I don't fear the 10,000 techniques you've practised once, I fear the one technique you've practiced 10,000 times. -