• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Well I don't know if it's a good self defense system or not, but it shoudln't matter if your instructor is overweight. If he is reconized by an organization and certified instructor then I don't think it would mater.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Hapkido is a korean Self defense system derived from the old Japanese style Daitoryu Aikijujutsu.

The system curriculum have kicks, hand strikes,elbows, knees, join locks, throws, some ground grappling. At higher levels, weapons and weapons defense, accupunture, Ki development.

Its a martial art for those who likes to work on several things.

As far as for the Instructor been overweight. I'll say that first go and watch a couple of classes. The important thing is he been a great teacher.

generally i would say it does not matter if the instuctor is overweight BUT

Just make sure it's not a dojo filled with overweight people with no skill or ability=Mcdojo...if you see alot of blackbelts like that..then run.

I didn't have that great of a time with it, but you might. I got tired of training with people that didn't care whether their techniques worked or not. It looked good and the other guy tapped, yay!

Know thyself.

I got tired of training with people that didn't care whether their techniques worked or not.
I hope not all hapkido is like that.

Oh, definitely not my friend!

Take care :)

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

• 2 weeks later...
I have studied Hapkido for about 10 years now and it is a great system of Martial art.I worked under a Master nad he has affiliate schools with overweigth instrucotrs but they grasp the material reallyy well and are really qualified teachers. I have had a couple of occasions where I had to defend myself using hapkido and it worked really well.If you put the time in you will get quality results.

Choi, Ji Hoon Instructor-

3rd Dan-Tae Kwon Do

3rd Dan Hapkido

International Haedong Gumdo Federation

Kyuk Too Ki (Korean Kickboxing/Streetfighting)