• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Introducing..

Slim

Hi everybody, first of all Ive got to say I love this site. So much to learn, so little time!! Im Australin born, at 13 came to New Zealand and started Judo, had heaps of fun and got to orange belt in a few years. This training has come in handy in a motercycle accident by doing a dive roll after hitting the back of a car. A witness came up at said "Nice roll mate"!! I did a few more years of Kempo karate, it seemed more an exercise in discipline (which every young fella needs) than a compeditive art. After a few years spent on less physical more indulgent pursuits, :spitlaugh: I have started again to respect my body, and be more discerning about what I put into it. So I have started training at a local Muay Thai gym, and have been moved out of the beginners class into the next one. I also do weights at home. My aim is competing, if my skills develop to that level. Im 30, currently struggling with giving up smoking. Peace and Respect.

Slim.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SLIM...welcome to karate forums :wave:

your intro is very honest and informitive. we like that.

welcome aboard and happy posting...... :cowboy:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Hi, Slim, glad to see you here (as all the new people who are here since I have been gone)...I have a sensei who has a similar story as yours but it was about his friend they work in the prison system and he got pushed out by in inmate in the back of a truck going about 50-55 :smile: still alive, the power of the martial arts