• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is the most effective/deadliest karate style?

kle1n

i extensively researched every art i could find from multible liniagies, i simply find shotokan to be superior because its MY art. it would be stupid for me to practice it if i thought, say wu-shu, was superior. besides, information is a poor teacher, ill test my words on a sparring pad thank you very much. :karate:

:kaioken:

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i extensively researched every art i could find from multible liniagies, i simply find shotokan to be superior because its MY art. it would be stupid for me to practice it if i thought, say wu-shu, was superior. besides, information is a poor teacher, ill test my words on a sparring pad thank you very much. :karate:

:kaioken:

thats fine, But usually people have proof/reasoning why an art is "superior" to all others. You may prefer it over others but thats diffrent.

and saying,

its complete in every way

is absoulty rediculous.

very well, i enjoy having my faith in my art tested. in my opinion (is this better?) shotokan is a superior karate form because of the over used phrase ' the best offense is a good defense' and vis versa, but reguarding the latter, shotokans stress on low fighting stances and well executed blocks is subereb when compared to some other forms, espicially this new 'american style'. as well, the katas singular to shotokan to me seem to teach technique rather than flash, and sence theres not a lot of show (not to say shotokan doesnt 'look cool') the art is pure, there are no unnecasiary movements in shotokan IN MY OPINION. (btw, everyones laughing at me, thats good, because i was mostly jk, i should have put a humor smiley in i suppose)

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

I have no idea what is the most effective or deadly style of karate ... i have not seen them all. IMO, it is sort of naive to claim that a style is the most deadly or effective, as the odds that you've actually seen your style in its full capacity, then seen others utilized in thier full capacity as well.

Oh yeah btw is kempo and ryukyu kempo the same thing?

BKJ- There are many styles of Kempo. Some are: American Kempo, Nick Cerio's Kempo, Shaolin Kempo Karate (A.K.A. Villari's Kempo), I take White Tiger Kempo.

Have you decided on a style? If so which and why? Also you had said there is a Kempo school by you - what did you think of it?

I don't know much about shotokan, and it is good that you feel so strongly and passionate about your style, but if it truely is the greatest style then the tehniques should enable an inferior fighter to defeat a superior fight. Why? Because it is so far advanced that the techniques make up for the lack of ability. I think we all can agree that there is no style that is that good.

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?