• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone have a style recommendation?

I think i will do with aikijujutsu (turns out there was only one not two)

thank you for your help! :P

Thanks to

-TJS

-karatekid1975

-radok

-dark_adjudication

-TheSod_88

-MantisWarrior

-delta1

-Kyle-san (ack..almost wrote Kenshin..hehe) :lol:

-BKJ1216

-SaiFightsMS

-fungku

-rb

:P :P :P :P :P

"Do what your heart tells you, so you won't regret it later. That's the right path... for people who live life in the present."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a general rule, I like to go with things that are very well rounded...harder to get bored that way. Especially since I'm a good kicker and enjoy grappling.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

If your on a budget you may want to call and ask the price of the lessons, this way you won't get your hopes up.

thanks i'll keep that in mind

"Do what your heart tells you, so you won't regret it later. That's the right path... for people who live life in the present."

• 3 weeks later...
gonna go to korea. I think i'll try it there and if i like i'll do it here too. gonna look for a type of jujitsu. i heard schools in korea are very different. they don't give you your own pace, they force you to work. the test are very very competitive. MA is a big thing there like sports are around my area

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if its too late or if youve already chosen an art but i think i will still state my opinion.

I would say Juijustu, Kempo or kung fu would be your best choises. Juijutsu is well rounded because it has striking, chokes, grappling and ground work, and because usually juijutsu schools are pretty good. Kempo and Kung Fu are really good striking arts and they teach really good self defence techniques like eye gouging, groin kicks and pressure points, and they also have some grappling.

Also if there is a muay thai school near by I reccommend checking it out.