• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone have a style recommendation?

I am 14 and dont have much MA backround. Just half a year of basic karate when I was 8 and last year got three month TKD in Korea. I've been tring to reasearch but the different styles are confusing me. The ones that I think I would be interested in are

-Judo

-kendo

-aikido

-shaolin

-taichi

-jujutsu

-ninjutsu

I really dont know to much about MA so can you give me a recomendation and why you recomended that one.

THANKIES.

Edited by BlackRose

"Do what your heart tells you, so you won't regret it later. That's the right path... for people who live life in the present."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to ask,

What is the difference between traditional and non-traditional?

"Do what your heart tells you, so you won't regret it later. That's the right path... for people who live life in the present."

non traditional=adapts to a changing world, getting rid of what does not work and bringing in techniques that are more effective

Traditional=thats how it was when we strated the stlye so thats how it will always be done.

what are you looking for in a MA?

self defense/fighting?

to stay in shape?

alot dpends on your goals, alos do you want a grappling style or a striking stlyle?

Well, I really don't know my motivation. I just have an urge to learn MA. I enjoy fighting and like to be in shape but I dont think that is my main reason. I've been intrested since I was little and now its just like something it telling me, might as well start now.

I'm interested in weaponry and speed but think it might be better to learn just hand-to-hand first.

I dont really have a goal because as I said, I don't know much. I think i would like to learn a style that would fair well against all styles but that dosn't exist so maybe a couple styles that fill in where the others are lacking

Edited by BlackRose

Shaolin would be cool out of those styles. Good for speed, too.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

I live in a small town that no one knows of. We have two MA sckools: one is karate and the other didn't specify its style. I am willing to travel though. in a radius of 10 m. i found 82 schools. i will list the styles only

-tae kwon do

-Karate

-taiji

-kung fu

¤-Shaolin

-kempo

¤-aikido

¤-judo

-kenji

¤-jujutsu

¤-tai chi

-Martial arts (didn't specify style)

¤-on the list i thought was interesting

i still need recomendations and reason.

What exactly is Kempo, i've heard of it alot.

Go for Jujitsu. The styles of Jujitsu vary but most include striking, grappeling and weapons. They probably don't have competitions but competitions get you hurt.

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " Gen. George S. Patton Jr.