• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what to xpect when you first join a boxing club

im joining a boxing club soon, to hopefully compete in the amatuer leagues

the club which i am going to has a ring and all the necessary requirements for a good boxing club.

i have never done boxing before but i have been donig kickboxing for about 4 years and still doing it

what should i expect to find and do when i first go?

-ad

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I recently joined a boxing club about two months ago. So, what I can tell u is that: if this boxing club is worth a shit, ur workouts will be way harder than in ur kickboxing practice. you will actually find urself working out ur legs even more than in ur kickboxing class. also, how long each day are ur practices going to be? kickboxing? boxing?

It should take u several months before u start competing. Ive been in it for about two months and I still do not feel ready yet. Neither does my trainer. U generally shouldn't start untill both u and ur trainer feel it is time. this usually takes awhile. my suggestion to u would be to just remain patient.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been boxing for years now and I'll tell you this boxing is way more intense. I didn't have my 1st boxing match until a year of boxing, boxing is a long process and you don't become a star over a few months. You'll start to become really good if you train good for 2-3 years, its not Taikwondo were you become a black belt in 2 years

The few the proud

Boxers!