• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

bjj v.s other martial arts.

Well, after playing years of football, and some high school wrestling, I have always liked full contact.. I have always liked getting dirty on the ground... I didnt really know what JJ was, until I started reading about it... I am not saying JJ is better then any other art.. but I feel "I" would be better as a fighter if I took JJ rather then TKD..

Nick =)

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok but im not trying to defend the other styles, if you want to thats your perogative, there were maybe 3 or 4 wins by shootfighters. poor excuses .......

although I must agree with kensai it is man against man.

Well it doesn't help if you post all the styles BJJ has won over by none of the wons the other style has won, it's like comparing and apple to something you've never tasted.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Well it doesn't help if you post all the styles BJJ has won over by none of the wons the other style has won, it's like comparing and apple to something you've never tasted.

That's a fairly weak argument, it's been shown that BJJ is excellent for groundwork and is specifically designed for MMA tournaments. I mean, just look at all those fighters that started cross training after they saw how good the BJJ guys were doing.

In the last tournament I was at I had to take on a BJJ guy and it was probably the hardest match I've had. If it wasn't for the point system they were running it wouldn't have been able to catch up to him.

didint Dan henderson beat Nog in their first fight?

and didint Nog just get owned by Fedor?

:wink: just messing with you, BJJ has obviouslly proven itself time and again

Mix a solid Striking art with BJJ and or wretling and you are going to be on heck of a fighter.

good points. im not trying to insult other arts , but I am looking for a good defense, bkj1216, ignorance is no excuse.

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

how are you a brownbelt and yet you haven't even started a martial art? could all your posts be nonsense?

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"