• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

bjj v.s other martial arts.

I don't think it's that simple Kensai.

It's always harder to keep someone away than it is to move in on them. It's hard to put any power into a shot when you're running backwards, trying to create space.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea but i agree with whats said earlier .. its more of man vs man than art vs art.

doubt just cause some guy studyin JKD loses a match that JKD is automatically looked down on. its a lot more detailed than just tha art itself, for instance, one of tha competitors might have a higher sense of reaction or a stronger punch or wathever .. its man vs man absolutely.

"Accept what is useful. Reject what is useless." -Bruce Lee

Shodan - Shizukana-do

JJ is pretty dam good. Not only is it highly effective in real world application, its effective against many other styles. yes, its man vs man to a degree, I think JJ teaches the user more practical ways to beat someone...

I have read some of the threads that talk about how JJ would have problems taking on multiple guys... to be completely honest with you... I would have picked JJ to train to fight multiple guys... and I still may. Your probably thinking im crazy.. but people have to understand, whetehr your a striker or a grappler, your gonna hit alot when you get ganged up.... When I had my nose broken I could still fight, no big deal... But imagine going against a JJ guy.. someone who knows how to manipulate your joints. Think about it, almost every submisson and lock that JJ places on your body, all it takes is a lil more power and torque and they can break your bones, rip your tendons, etc etc.. so, if 3 people were to jump me, and I was proficent in JJ, I would be breaking some serious bones, seriously fast...

Nick

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

I myself am, going to study a little silat or kajukenbo to learn some standing locks, that are similar to jujutsu.

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

Hey JJF, I found two places around here. One teaches BJJ/Shootfighting

the other is JJ.

I think I may check one out...see if I like what I see.

Nick

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

if you want my opinion, If I were you, I would

one- drop tkd and take up jujutsu(if it looks good+good instructor etc...

two-stay in tkd and cross train into bjj/shoot

three-drop tkd and study shoot/bjj

its all up to you.

good luck.

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

When I used to run a BJJ school I'd get a lot of guys from other arts - especially from Wing Chun actually - who'd want to train one day a week "Just so they know what to do on the ground". Six months later I'd ask if they were still training in their other art and they nearly aways said "No, gave that up months ago". And these were instructors !!

BJJ is like the Mafia, once you're in, you're hooked for life :)

Seriously, it's so much fun, and such a revelation after training in other arts, that you'll be hooked and become an addict.

TKD - Black Belt

Oops, meant to also say that these people from other arts were now training 3 or 4 days a week in BJJ, after initially only wanting to train once per week.

TKD - Black Belt