• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My first Kata!

Michael

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'm doing a kobudo course which is run be my Jujutsu dojo. We do Kokusai Jujutsu so i'm not really quite sure what the bo kata is called. We also do a number of other weapons such as the sword, spear, knife and apparently some others though as yet we have only done the bo. Actually i'm not quite sure if we are doing a really traditional kata as the instructor said that it is made up of the different areas the bo appears in the jujutsu syllabus.

ju jutsu? you mean jiu jitsu? and that doesnt use weapons, well it does acually, something called your hands
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/jae-repeated-kicks.gif

Mike:

Might I offer up a suggestion.....put your bo kata on tape so that you have it for reference down the road. Do that for all your katas if you can, nothing like having refernence material handy as you continue to learn all there is to learn in the MA :nod:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Many many many Jiu-jitsu clubs teach weapons.

Problem is many of the schools think they are teaching 'real' nunchaku, yet decide to bounce the weapon of their own feet (!?!?!!?)

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

Ok I think I hit something home - no responses :(

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

I think it's a good idea to write down the form in your own words for understanding in addition to performing it on video. They are both great references in remember what you have learned in the past!

• 1 year later...