What Martial Arts are considered "Combative Martial Art

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any art you train in with the main purpose being to be a better fighter.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

I would say any MA dojo that doesn't have a collection of trophies in their front window. If they do or focus on tournaments then they are a combative sport Judo, TKD, and some Karate can go either way. It depends on the instructor and how they teach it.

Boxing might win you a fight but the fact is that it is a sport with rules. Fighting someone who fights with out rules when that is all you know can ruin your whole day. :D

Krav Maga, most JJ, Gung Fu, Aiki Jitsu and Ninpo are combative arts.

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

My sensei is also a World Amateur Muay Thai champion, so maybe some of it will rub off eh? /me wanders around killing things... wait no!

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

i AGREE with jerry there are many combative martial arts out there ive been practicing kajukenbo an art strickly created for combat in the street because of the ammount of danger there was in post wwII in hawaii where it was created.

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

Having trophies doesnt mean the place doesnt teach combative martial arts. I train in BJJ and we have a rack full of submission grappling, MMA, and Jiu-Jitsu tournament trophy's

White Belt - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu