• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The best time to begin your attack is when the other person is attacking. Pending on the other person's flexibility, you may be able to get a shot in if the other person is off balance in their attack on you. Do they lean in too much when they punch and/or do they lean too far back when they kick are some questions you need to address with your opponent. These are head kick opportunities for you. Study who you are fighting, height means nothing if they don't know how to use it to their advantage.

"And it is this lack of fear that makes for the dance" - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

(https://www.loudounmartialarts.com)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen Up. The taller the guy the easier to sweep. Why do you have to kick him in the head? Just hit the stomach and sweep his legs. :)

"Osu!"

• 1 month later...

I know this is old, but I think I'll revist it just for kicks....

I take it, since you do TKD sparring, you want to get a head shot in since it is an extra point. Fair enough? Do you get "tremble and shock" points for body shots?

Depending on how flexible you are,headshots might be hard to do without opening yourself up, especially at green belt level. a lead leg axe kick or lead leg crescent might brush right by the face.

Instead of wishing you could kick the person in the face (which might still come with a growth spurt, but it sounds like you're going to be short, sorry :) ) why not focus on the midsection? Especially when you're sparring headhunters, this might work really well for you.

I try to watch everyone in my ring before we start and get an idea for their flexibility. Some people will give away their best technique because one of their main strategies is intimidation. You'll see them dropping into the splits, throwing high kicks with a particular leg.. etc...

Fake it.. :) Expecting you to go high may leave the opening down low. Learn to throw a FAST mid level lead leg side kick. throw it as soon as you see them move. go right for the blue spot under their ribs :)

if you can draw them in with the crescent kick, spinning back kick next is always fun.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.