• advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do karate, i'm 6'0

when I come across someone a considerable amount taller than me

I lower my stance and come into their guard

it takes away alot of their attacking options and makes it pretty easy for me to continuously hit their solar plexis.

Alternatively versus a small person I tend to just kick alot to distance them from me in tournaments they don't score from hitting my leg. Then every now and then i'll pull fake leg movements like front kicks that convert to round kicks to throw them off

say you droped a pen and ask them to pick it up then kick them in the head (this will only work if they are retarded and) don't forget to tie there shoe laces thogether before the match (and after for a joke or if you don't like them)

LOL, hilarious suggestions all around, but on a more serious note... I would generally advise against going for the head of someone considerably taller than you, but if you have to do it, I think the most important thing is getting it set up properly. By the very nature of the distance you have to cover, high kicks are, of course, generally slower techniques, so be sure you opponent is sufficiently discombobulated to allow you to kick and withdraw without getting socked. If you just launch a high kick when your opponent is in a prepared defensive stance you are in for trouble. You need to get him flustered and off balance first, then go in for the kill. Use high kicks at the end of a rapid combination aimed to overwhelm and distract, then POW.

Might as well take my advice--I don't use it anymore.

good suggestions maestro. i have an aau tourney coming up soon, my first one, and you get 2 points for kicking in the head. do you have any other sparring suggestions? even if they don't hve a thing to do with kicking someone in the head, i'd like to hear them. jonny, what is your web-site? didn't get the foot of the post thing? blonde moment maybe?

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

Well, there're a lot of topics here already for general stuff:

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2142

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=6494

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1967

Probably my biggest suggestion would be to try to stay relaxed. In your first tournament that will no doubt be hard, but it is essential. If you are tense and preoccupied you will be slower and more unnatural. Be aggresive too, but have a stategy. "Think relaxedly." My zen for the day. :)

Might as well take my advice--I don't use it anymore.