Black Belt Quitters

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is why there shoudln't be colored belts in the first place. Or atleast there should be different color belts for the different Dan ranks, because if there were then black belt woudln't be the highest color you can get.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

These are some very valid points but the problem here in the U.S. anyways is that people want to set short term goals that they can fairly easily attain. That is the beauty of the belt system. If promotions didn't come for 4 years I think a lot of students would be more likely to drop out in the first place.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

There is a big difference between a person who passed a test and got a strip of black material to wear around thier waist and a black belt.

Most of the difference between the two lies between the thought process that goes on between the ears of the two widely different groups.

I think this is why there shoudln't be colored belts in the first place. Or atleast there should be different color belts for the different Dan ranks, because if there were then black belt woudln't be the highest color you can get.

i agree my sifu dosent really like haveing the belt stuff he has them mostly for the kids in the school.

Fighting out of hate brings only disgrace.

As far as I've heard from some of the members here in KarateForums there are some organizations in which the different degrees of BB are shown by some stripes or even a red belt or something like that.

In ours the 7th dans have the same BB like the shodans :)

I don't wear the stripes on my belt. I'm a blackbelt and to me that is all that matters. I could really care less if I'm a 2nd or 6th degree. What I've learned is really all that matters.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!