• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Besides the speed bag, what else can you do to help your speed for boxing?

Nick D.

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...
Plyometrics training is perhaps the most effective way to develop fast twitch muscle. Another, less traditional way to develop faster hands, wear 5lb wrist weights for a few days. You'll speed up.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

• 2 weeks later...
improving boxing speed you can use punchbags hanging from ceiling, punchbags standing from floor, punchbags floor to ceiling speedballs, dummy trainers, walltargets, personal one to one - hand to hand training, punching foam targets, punching in water. punching in the air would really improve speed too much because there is no resistance.

Improving boxing speed punches, you can use punchbags hanging from ceiling, punchbags standing from floor, punchbags floor to ceiling speedballs, dummy trainers, walltargets, personal one to one - hand to hand training to improve reaction time and reflex, punching foam targets, punching in water. punching in the air would'nt really improve punching speed too much because there is no resistance. If you've got lighter muscles then you will punch faster, with less mass but chances are with better skill. The heavier the muscles you will punch slower with more mass but chances are with less skill. It also about acceleration like accelerating into the punch thats fully extended, using the hips, shoulder muscles, co-ordination, timing and using the brain.

Improving boxing speed punches, you can use punchbags hanging from ceiling, punchbags standing from floor, punchbags floor to ceiling speedballs, dummy trainers, walltargets, personal one to one - hand to hand training to improve reaction time and reflex, punching foam targets, punching in water. punching in the air would'nt really improve punching speed too much because there is no resistance. If you've got lighter muscles then you will punch faster, with less mass but chances are with better skill. The heavier the muscles you will punch slower with more mass but chances are with less skill. It also about acceleration like accelerating into the punch thats fully extended, using the hips, shoulder muscles, co-ordination, timing and using the brain will all contrubute to make the major difference for your punching speed.

If you've got lighter muscles then you will punch faster, with less mass but chances are with better skill. The heavier the muscles you will punch slower with more mass but chances are with less skill.
So Smaller guys puch faster, don't hit as hard, and are more skilled than bigger guys? I have to ring the bell on that theory. And what IS a light muscle anyway?

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."