Can somebody tell me the diffrences.......jj

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kensai that's what I'm looking for really.All those diffrent names coming outa Japan.

You think It's all the same but some how this clan named it this & that clan named it that ???

And BTW am I the only one gettin tired of JJF wanting everyone to share in his delusion of bjj ????Jeez I thought MTF was bad :lol: Maybe you & MTF can meet up somewheres & decide for the whole world which is the ulitimate art !!! Muay tai or bjj !!!

Now I'm all for progress & tellin folks the truth.But bjj aint perfect & won't make you invincible.

Now as far as entering a sport like UFC.........It is a sport now!!! It has rules !!! All kinds of illegal things would be done in a life threatning situation.

Let's say you knock a guy out with an elbow.........What MA does elbows belong too ????let me guess.....in your case they belong to bjj..........all thoes chokes & throws & locks that have been around for ever...............Now they are bjj.!!! :lol:

Man I pay to see you & MTF have a fight :lol:

the words of Kimura after his fight with helio Gracie-

he claimed that in Japan they had hidden the techniques of jujutsu so much that they had lost them. He was extremly happy and honored to know that my father had not only kept the techniques alive, but had improved on them

...kimura was so impressed with helios technique he visited the Gracie academy the next day and invited him to teach in Japan.

But bjj aint perfect & won't make you invincible.

true, BJJ is not complete by itself IMO but I tell you what, it is amazingly effective at what it does and has preven itself alot mroe than most of the styles out there.

Now as far as entering a sport like UFC.........It is a sport now!!! It has rules !!! All kinds of illegal things would be done in a life threatning situation

true, but all i can say to that is look back at who made it what it is today.

smith and wesson . what are you talking about oh, all of a sudden elbows belong to bjj. stop writing random, comments, and I study muay thai, so I do know elbows. And if these tma guys are so tough than why don't they compete anymore like they did back in 93,94,95, oh thats right because they got taught a lesson, in pain.

and muay thai fighter, studies pankration, which is grappling and striking.

which style do you study?

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

"Kensai that's what I'm looking for really.All those diffrent names coming outa Japan."

Anytime.... :)

"You think It's all the same but some how this clan named it this & that clan named it that ???"

I think more or less every clan in Japan had its own system of fighting with its own specialitys. Also, its not just the personalitys that defined the styles, its geography.

The Clans with greater access to Iron Ores would more likely has a great interest in Swords man ship and armour, those with vast grass lands would have more interest in horsemanship and those with huge forests in their lands might focus on Kyudo(archery) and Yarijutsu. There are SO many factors that influenced particular JJ styles.

And thus, there hand to hand techniques were influenced by the weapons they used.

As for JJ fighter, he has what I like to call "BJJ syndrome". The love he has for his style is very apparent and likes to share that fact with everyone. Although perhaps not in the nicest of ways, but he does so. JJfighter, talk about it as much as you want.... :lol:

TJS:

"kimura was so impressed with helios technique he visited the Gracie academy the next day and invited him to teach in Japan."

Was that before or after Kimura beat him?

Was that before or after Kimura beat him?

If i was a JJ champion and it took me 13 minutes to beat a frail little man half my size I wouldent feel too great about it :D

if a light weight went 10 rounds with mike tyson and got tko'd in the last round who would you consider the better boxer?

jjf......from now on your just jj.......it suits you.

So to answer your question jj

1 Sometimes your gonna need what's called a super secrect decoder ring,to read my posts.Or a few beers.

2 My point was alot of what is bjj is old as dirt,TJJ techniques.& judo etc.And common sense.

3 I aint gonna defend stuck in their ways tma's.Dude I'm with you on how silly alot of what tma's is.I think it could be said in a more entertaining way though.But relize some folks don't have the ability to pick & choose which dojo's they go to.Most have a choice between tkd & karate.And most folks (I think) aint there because they get picked on, or fear for their life, or feel inferior in some way.I think most folks are there because of some attraction they can't explain.

Kinda like the folks that play tennis..........either you get it or you don't & I don't get tennis.

And as far as to what I study....................Well when I'm not earning a livin........& sleeping.......& interacting with my family...........Cutting the grass...........playin golf......goin to the coast to fish & play golf.............Hunting.............Get to gathers with family & friends..........& coutless other responsibilities I'm attending a traditional japanese dojo that teaches yagyu ryu jj & some kind of strikin I can't spell or pronounce & weapons too.

Dude try & be comfortable in your own skin.

Kimura beat Gracie??

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.