• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hi everyone

ahmed77

I'm very much interested in the art of

"Wing chun" kung-fu :up:, and it's fascinating moves..does anyone here has any idea about the art..since we're all martial artists I'd like all of us have a little brief history about Wing Chun, it's part of shaolin kung-fu, and it's considered the most efficient one...barelly moving from your stance a fighter can manipulate his opponent simply and with no waste of time, or energy.

:karate:

-Ahmed.im

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wing Chun ("beautiful springtime") was founded by Yim Wing Chun, approximately 400 years ago. She learned her basics from Ng Mui a buddhist nun. She felt that too much emphasisi was place on the "hard style" and developed the chi sao ("sticking hands").The system trys to "flow" and compliment the opponents strength, rather that trying to dominate it.

Right.. well, even the legend of Yim Wing Chun is being questioned by Chinese historians now. The system of Wing Chun is pretty good. I just feels it takes a little longer to become adept at using it than other arts. Also.."Chi Sao" isn't anything really new to Kung Fu, the Taiji people did "Push Hands" for a very long time also. It's great sensitivity training, but other training methods should be incorporated too.

I hate doing "Chi Sao" with people that don't understand that it's not a game of touch. I do Chi Sao with the intention of striking my partner as I would if he were my enemy (but not a hard strike cuz it's still just a training drill). Anyone try "chi sao" with boxing gloves on? I think I'll see what happens and try it.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Wing chun was also brough to the west by the legend "bruce lee", and people were really amazed by the swift movements of the leg, barely change in the position a fighter could dismantle his opponent going closer to the origin of the blow as the impact gets lowest, traping is of a great use in the art, and finally it conmsists the best chosen moves by the nan Ng Mui who was a shaolin, so the art was like the blend of the five animals..

but mostly in wing chun the following animals techniques were were preferably used which were "snake, white crane...for the offense", and "Tiger, Dragon...for defence".

learning the art is not to dificult, wing chun learned -mastered- in a year, it might not take more than a year or two for anyone to master. :smile:

:up: finally i admire the art, which influenced

jun fan gung fu, which is know known as "jeet kune do" which blends this great "blended" art with modern fighting techniques, like wetern boxing, fencing...and many more styles..

Thank you

[ This Message was edited by: ahmed77 on 2001-09-03 01:56 ]

-Ahmed.im

Thanks Karateka..hope u join us too, mostly I post message to develop and get rid of few points that are beleived to be added in the modern ways of martial arts, "basics" and developing them, hope all martial artist appreciate the efforts, else I serve them till I die...truthfuly

Your's

Ahmed

[ This Message was edited by: ahmed77 on 2001-09-04 03:18 ]

-Ahmed.im

Dear People,

topic regarding wing chun was interesting and greatly appreciated viewer's opinions..wow! all that knowledge you had about that art that even somehow it made me find it again in books, that was great...

I would like to ask, for the last few weeks whenever i enter this site..if I click on most Icons, it sends me directly to "Gay.com" what was wrong with it, can anyone tell!!!!????...shocked!!!!???

-Ahmed.im