• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where can I find the different forms needed for belt advancement in TKD? I would like to start studing them now, so I can be prepared for the future.

Thanks in advance.

Nick D.

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several types of forms for which you can practice in Tae Kwon Do....

What "style" of TKD will you be training in?

There is TaeGeuk , Palge and the Chang Hon set of hyungs/forms..... :-?

Once we have determined this from you, we can direct you to other threads here in the TKD forum where there are diagrams and videos of forms.

Ummm, I think I understand your question, not entirely sure... I am training.... under WTF rules, ChongDoKwan style TKD.

Nick

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Dune.

So although your school's roots are in Chung Do Kwan you perform the WTF Tae Geuk series of hyungs.... whereas my school (also Chung Do Kwan) teaches the Chang Hon (ITF) hyungs.

Testing requirements differ with each school .... for instance

http://www.usu.edu/taekwond/testing/test.html

Check with your school ....I am sure your instructor would give you the necessary requirements and would find your eagerness to learn commendable. :wink:

Because, i have only been going to his school for 2 weeks, and this is my first trip into TKD.. and he has not shown me any forms yet. Besides, what is wrong with wanting to learn :brow:

"I will not fear...

Dune.

Well, from a teacher's stand point...

When you are taught the form by someone who knows it, you are shown proper stance, technique, and performance. If you just pick it up and do your best, well, it might not be very good. If you start out from the beginning KNOWING exactly how it is done (i.e. being shown by an instructor) then you will continue doing it the right way. Old habits die hard... so wait to learn them.

BTW... I train in Songham TKD.

Fury

~Traing in Songham TaeKwonDo since 2001~

Continuing the evil mood...

Two weeks? You think you can perform hyungs? You can't even do the friggin basics without tripping over your feet!

Seriously bro, I can tell from your posts that you want very badly to learn everything about every martial art in the world. That's awesome! I wish that every student in my class had your drive and desire to soak up every little bit that I can teach.

But if you try to rush things too much, you're never going to learn anything of substance. The whole "jack of all trades, master of none" syndrome.

If your teacher thought you were ready for hyung, he probably would give you kicho hyungs and see how you do.

What do I look for in students? While I love it when students want to learn more.... If one asked me to teach me the next form, I would flat out say NO, and then more likely hold the form back even longer. Now, when I'm asked to look at their form, technique, etc. it shows me that they want to LEARN, not just imitate.

Does this make any sense? You can of course tell me to sod off.

:)

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

SoD off.. you old Bugger :lol: :lol:

Just kidding.

"I will not fear...

Dune.