• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Boxer Vs. Kickboxer/Muy Thai Fighter?

Boxer Vs. Kickboxer/Muy Thai Fighter?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Boxer Vs. Kickboxer/Muy Thai Fighter?

• Boxer
    • Kickboxer/Muy Thai Fighter

Hello I myself am a pure boxer I've been doin it for 7 years now I've researched other sytle so I'm not oblivious to whats out but I'n my best opinion Boxers would beat a Kickboxer and Muai Tai if you take the best boxer verses the best Kickboxer/Muai Tai I'll bet on the boxer. You guys might think boxers suck because its not a asian MA because you think the asian fighting style's have all the answers and you guys think because you saw Gracie and some UFC guy defeat a boxer that all boxers suck. The thing is the boxers on UFC are "ametuers boxers" verses the very best of the world martial artist. It would be a different story if the best martial artists had to face overall skill and quickness of Roy Jones Jr. or the size and power of Lennox Lewis.

The reason why Top boxers would have a better chance at winning against top Muay Thai fighters is this-

A) Boxing has a MUCH LARGER talentpool because of how big it is.

B) Muay Thai fighters from Thailand are usually much smaller and are not heavyweights..i seriously doubt there is a boxer who could compete with them at their weight class.

Dont get me wrong boxing is great and no one does hand better than boxing but MT is alot more brutal.

Just out of curiosity have you ever sparred with a Muay Thai fighter? If not i would suggest findnign a gym and trying it out.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I myself am a pure boxer I've been doin it for 7 years now I've researched other sytle so I'm not oblivious to whats out but I'n my best opinion Boxers would beat a Kickboxer and Muai Tai if you take the best boxer verses the best Kickboxer/Muai Tai I'll bet on the boxer. You guys might think boxers suck because its not a asian MA because you think the asian fighting style's have all the answers and you guys think because you saw Gracie and some UFC guy defeat a boxer that all boxers suck. The thing is the boxers on UFC are "ametuers boxers" verses the very best of the world martial artist. It would be a different story if the best martial artists had to face overall skill and quickness of Roy Jones Jr. or the size and power of Lennox Lewis.

you've got far too many assumptions in that post...

1. whether or not the MA is asian has nothing to do with it.

2. you have no idea what the best MT guy would do against the best boxer

3. Not everyone thinks boxers suck. I don't, and I know I'm not the only one.

4. the competitors in the UFC are not the world's best martial artists by any means. There are some very unskilled people in there. A guy I went to high school with is one of the biggest names in MMA today, and he was a wrestler in high school. No other MA training at all.

A guy I went to high school with is one of the biggest names in MMA today, and he was a wrestler in high school. No other MA training at all.

who would that be?

Yo

I am a skilled boxer and have also fought in styles of muay thai *muy

tai* as some call it, and western style kickboxing.. I have fought and

defeated skilled muay thai and kickboxers many-a-time using my boxing

skills (everyone i know wanted to see me prove just this thing you all are

talking about in this thread :wink: ) it is possible, with the right amount of

skills, but i know i also have an advantage b/c i think like all three and

can judge well..but no matter, it IS very possible for a boxer to defeat

MT's and Kickboxers with the right amount of skill.

-Boxing -Kickboxing -Muay Thai -Brazilian Juijitsu

Mind is matter, and matter doesn't mind, be-cause matter is in the mind, so mind is over matter.

'Have you ever glued broken glass or shells to your hands wrapped in tape....its an experience...

you guys think because you saw Gracie and some UFC guy defeat a boxer that all boxers suck. The thing is the boxers on UFC are "ametuers boxers" verses the very best of the world martial artist. It would be a different story if the best martial artists had to face overall skill and quickness of Roy Jones Jr. or the size and power of Lennox Lewis.

When it comes to Gracie (which I happen to like alot:)), I actually think he could've won versus some of the bigger guys out there (as far as I know, he challenged Mike Tyson officially, but Tyson refused). The reason for me to belive so is Gracie's great dodgin ability (I'm talking about Royce now. Haven't seen the others as much as I've seen him). Did anyone see the fight in UFC II (I think) versus Patrick Smith? Pat is extremely strong and a very good (kick)boxer, but didn't land many hits on Royce for some reason.

Of course, this is just something I reckon, as I haven't seen a submission fighter vs. a boxer in professional heavyweight. And no, I don't dislike boxing :) I think it honestly rocks, especially on the street, because most streetfights are fist-fights. Besides, a good boxer could easily take out two average guys, and a submission fighter could probably not (a ground-submission-fighter that is).

My two cents. :)

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.

B) Muay Thai fighters from Thailand are usually much smaller and are not heavyweights..i seriously doubt there is a boxer who could compete with them at their weight class.

Of course, B isn't really a reason at all since the same would apply to a featherweight boxer versus some 240 pound muay thai monster with lightning speed and relentless endurance.

The boxer wouldn't be able to stand up after a few solid round kicks to the thighs.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

• 2 weeks later...

that is -if he does not block them(very easily)

has -tough legs (as many can take a great deal of pain)

-the boxer is too close

and -the kickboxer doesnt get knocked out first

-your most likely situation with offensive backs :wink:

-Boxing -Kickboxing -Muay Thai -Brazilian Juijitsu

Mind is matter, and matter doesn't mind, be-cause matter is in the mind, so mind is over matter.

'Have you ever glued broken glass or shells to your hands wrapped in tape....its an experience...

I did boxing for quite a while before I started Muay Thai and up until I did I had the same opinion as some of you - that is that a good boxer (Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis etc.) would beat the living **** out of a skinny little Thai fighter. After a while of MT I realised how wrong I had been when we started doing a lot of sparring. My punching technique, power and speed are all far beyond anyone close to my level in MT but how the hell do I get close enough to use the punches...

I step forward into punching range and promptly recieve a lightning fast push kick to the solar plexus followed by a roundhouse kick to the thigh. If I do get into range I can try to land a few punches but it's only a matter of time before i cop that push kick/thigh kick/knee etc.

And if I'm worrying about those I cop a punch...

Also for whoever said a boxer has strong legs so he can take kicks (I'm lazy so I can't be stuffed finding who it was :wink: ) I seriously doubt you've ever taken a MT round house kick to the thigh. Delivered with any power (which most MT fighters have more than enough of) they are crippling. And if it was a serious fight the kick could be aimed a little lower and snap the knee like a toothpick. Aim higher and it breaks some ribs...

And of course elbows and knees add a whole new dimension to a fight as I'm sure you can imagine.

Anyway, just my two cents worth :) .

Boxing

Muay Thai

Zen Do Kai Karate