• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Boxer Vs. Kickboxer/Muy Thai Fighter?

Boxer Vs. Kickboxer/Muy Thai Fighter?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Boxer Vs. Kickboxer/Muy Thai Fighter?

• Boxer
    • Kickboxer/Muy Thai Fighter

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boxer vs. Kickboxer, tough choice I'd still go with the Kickboxer because he can take out the Boxer's leg.

Boxer vs. Muay Thai, no comepetition.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Boxing, kick boxing and muay thai are all effective so if the opponents were at the same skill level MT swill win.

Why..

Well

All have western boxing. so if they are at the sam skill level they should be evenly matched.

Next kickboxing beats boxing beacause it then adds kicking.

MT beats kickboxing because it adds knees elbows clinch and throws.

Simple as that on paper but never testable in reality and it takes longer to get good at MT than boxing.

No....No. MT and Kickboxers who handstrike as good as Boxers??? Your kidding, right?

To say that Kickboxers and Muay Thai, if they were on the same skill level of boxers, would be just as good at western boxing as them... is a joke. Yes, they would be better all around body wise. MT and Kickboxing have to devote time to develop there kicks.. where as boxing spends it all on punching. Boxing... would probably be about twice as good at hand strikes.. as MT and Kickboxing, where as Boxing have no legs skills.

I have seen some pretty embarrassing Kickboxing and MT matches where they try to BOX.. and it looks like crap. Kicking... well, there kicking looks great.

Boxer vs Kickboxer, I would go with Boxer. Yes, I understand the theory behind kicking in the legs.. but I still think a Boxer would take him.. just to much power and pain behind his punches....

Boxer vs MT- I would have to go with MT, only because MT have those devestating shin kicks.. and knee kicks... if you take that away, then I would say Boxer.

Nick D.

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

Muay Thai is the best martial arts, this is coming from a practitionor of TKD too, trust me, its been proven masters of every style have tried to beat the best of the best in Thailand and it cant be done (and dont go ever there and challenge them cuz WHEN you lose they might kill you)
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/jae-repeated-kicks.gif

Now, MT is an awesome art, partly in part to the tremoundous amounts of physical conditioning they do. If you would take someone, from lets say TKD, and condition his shins to be like iron, and condition his feet much like Iron Palm trainin... That would be just as dangerous.... Kicks are Kicks.. no matter if its from MT or TKD.

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

Muay Thai is the best martial arts, this is coming from a practitionor of TKD too, trust me, its been proven masters of every style have tried to beat the best of the best in Thailand and it cant be done (and dont go ever there and challenge them cuz WHEN you lose they might kill you)

you got most of it right but,

masters of every style have tried to beat the best of the best in Thailand and it cant be done

Mas Oyama went to Thailand and defeated some of the best.

3 of his students also went for a challenge match by the Thai fighters and won 2 out of 3.

Kyokoshin is one of the Few stlyes that has been able to compete with Muay thai at the top levels, even today in K-1. but generally your right MT does hold the edge usually.

alots in the training, full contact fighters are simply the best around period.

this is of course excluding grappling stlyes like BJJ, Wrestling etc.