kickboxing vs. muy thai?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. kickboxing vs. muy thai?

• kickboxing
    • muy thai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well two of the greates Kicboxers in rescent history both traveled to Thailand to anser this question.

here were the results:

Benny "the Jet" Urquidez vs Prayoud Sittiboonlert- The fight was actually in Japan, And Prayoud was not the current MT champion even.

Benny's Corner threw in the towel at the end of the second round after some pretty severe punishment.

Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Americas full contact karate champion vs Samart Prasamit in Bangkok thailand, despite a 20 pound weight advantage Wilson was knocked down twice and lost the fight.

Wilson at 175 pounds later fought a 135 pound fighter by the name of Fanta Petchmuangtrat in Hongkong and once again was defeated.

afterward he said he was going to start learning MT :)

Remeber this is not to take away from either fighter they were truely great fighters and their records were both amazing. I actually have great respect for them because unlike most they were willing to travel to Thailand and take the challenge. something that deserves much respect.

So i think history has shown MT to be the winner of this matchup

it really depends on the fighter..

but I'd have to say Muay Thai due to the wide range of techniques they can use

im gonna start doing some low kick and oriental rules kickboxing soon

a guy once told me "muay thai is like two tigers fighting, the loser dies on the spot, the winner crawls away and dies later"

very tough sport indeed....i gots a lot of respect to those who fight FULL thai rules!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...