• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A great form of Grappling...

I have just got a book on Wrestling, has a small section about Greco-Roman. Looks very interesting, lots of similaritys in some throws to Judo, although they use more upper body strength. Indeed very powerful, not the sort of person you'd wanna mess with.

The lack of submissions is a problem, but it does not take a brain surgeon to ground someone with a mega throw then pound them to dust. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you say : it lacks submissions and it wont work!!!??!?!??!? o yes??

Put it this way-when you crash from a throw you won't hit the ring platform but ussualy concreate, earth with some rocks and maybe you will fall right on your head ...................maybe you must wake up the guy and put him in an arm bar!!

All say that BJJ is beter then judo because has better ground work but every time a judo guy meats the BJJ one the shit hit's the ground HARD! if it wasn't in the ring will you get up that easy? when helio Gracie fought with Kimura he was thrown thru the air several times but the ring floor was soft and sweet !!!

I watch at TV greco -roman wrestling and those guys have some devastating throws and takedowns ........if it wasn't for the mat GOD knows they all be injured seriouslly!

forgive my english , it sucks!

Happines is not geting what you want but wanting what you've got!

That is sooo funny Dober. One match.. Severn and Gracie, and now all the JJaholics out there think JJ is better then Greco Roman.... I would have liked to seen that match when Severn was in his prime..

I would really like to see what Gracie would do against a olympic champion like Kurt Angle. In all seriousness, Angle moves like lightning on the mat when he is doing REAL wrestling, and not the fake stuff.

Nick

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

ohhhhh that swhat Kurt Angle does, so if he is so good, why does he not enter the UFC? Just out of interest.......

The one that scares the hell out of me is Brock Lesner (sp), that guy is HUGE! How would you begin to fight someone like that!?

ohhhhh that swhat Kurt Angle does, so if he is so good, why does he not enter the UFC? Just out of interest.......

The one that scares the hell out of me is Brock Lesner (sp), that guy is HUGE! How would you begin to fight someone like that!?

Why should he get hurt in the UFC for nothing, when he can get paid big bucks for doing theatrics.

As for Lesnar, u dont. Just run. and hope hes not hungry :lol:

Read a book!

Yea, why would Kurt Angle wanan fight in UFC when he can make at least a million if not more a year in WWE... and be a international superstar??

Brock lesnar, same story. He is a NCAA Wrestling Champion, and he is so strong.

ON a side note, Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar did fight before, behind the scenes, to show the WWE wrestlers what REAL wrestling is..... Kurt Angle won out of the match =).

Nick D.

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.