• advertisement_alt
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favoruite katas are:

1. Unshu (the Shito-Ryu version)

2. Rohai (the Shito-Ryu version)

3. Seienchin - I love this, because I can calm down while I do this kata and breath calmly. The movements are cool too.

4. Jion (the Wado-Ryu version) - Actually, this is the only kata I like in Wado-Ryu :P

5. Tensho - this is so cool! I love the changing hands there, it's really powerfull and quick.

6. Seipai - This is a bit like Seienchin. It's cool too.

7. Niseishi - I like the end of the kata.

Ok. I think that's all.

Osu!

Kill is love

What do you like about Rohai? When I first started doing it I found the crane stances a bit of a challange and liked it because of that. Now I like it because it is a very graceful form.

Well I haven'te seen any yet. But There is a kata in okinawan goju-ryu that sounds really cool. It's called the sanchin. And suposedly through breathing control the person will be able to endure almost any kick or punch to anywhere on the body wiht little pain.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

There are two versions of sanching Miyagi sanchin and Hiagiona sanchin.

It is a kata done slowly and with muscular tension throughout. Sanchin is a very good form for learning how to stay mentally focused.

My fav has to be Pyung Ahn Ee Dan (TSD form, but it's known has Pinan Sho dan or Hiain Nidan in Japanese styles) by far. I love that form. One reason is because it took me so long to learn it, then get good technique on it.

My fav to watch was Bassai (both). I never got to learn it, but it was such a cool form. Nahanchi was another. I don't remember which one it was, but it looked so cool.

Laurie F

I only know a few shotokan kata (the Heian series, tekki shodan, chinte and bassai dai) but my favourite one I'm learning is empi.

because of my background in shotokan/kyokai, my shito-ryu instructor is going to be teaching me the other advanced katas. I really look forward to seeing the differences in the two bassai's and jion.

===================

When cornered, kick 'em in the spetznats. If that doesn't work, run around acting like an epilept + flail your arms about while whizzin' in your pants, then fall down foaming at the mouth. They'll be so disgusted THEY will walk away from the fight....