• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

favourite kata

Tobias_Reece

This has nothing to do with katas, favorite or otherwise, but since someone brought up the habits of female religous a have a historical note. The habits of Catholic Religous orders usually have some relation to what was generally worn at the time of the orders founding and have carried down through the centuries. I cannot think of the name of the head piece that covers the sides of the head and the throat but that was a commonly worn item of clothing at one time in history.

Now there is a favorite kata thread just started in general martial arts so I need to try to link it to this one.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite kata is split between 2. which is Heian Nidan and Tekki Sandan. Tekki Sandan has basic techniques but it is very difficult to accomplish successfully. But non-the-less i must be doing something right as i have won 2 competitions with it. (is well proud)

Heian Nidan is actually a difficult kata in itself. with basic things as returning kicks and getting new techniques right likr Uru Zuki etc... anyway, that's me :smile:

He who controls the past commands the future,

He who controls the future, conquers the past

"playing" with Saifa (Goju) this week. Rather fond of it. Also Seiunchin (Hayashi Ha Shi-To).

I also find some of the WTF yudansha Kata interesting.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

i just got this video that shows Saifa and Seipai performed by Rouki Abe. so that's what a kata is supposed to be like..

seeing a kata performed that well makes me appreciate it more :up:

i haven't seen Seisan performed up close at all, but i'm really interested in it since it has lots of nasty techniques :grin:

:karate:

I personally prefer Bassai-dai. Mostly, because it's my best kata. I don't think that , usually, your favorite kata would be the one you're not good at. That's just my not-so- humble opinion.

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

• 3 weeks later...
My fav up to now is probably between "Way Of The Wolverine" And "Seiunchin"...I dunno, I just like the way the moves are put together, and I understand the bunkai for them very well...Excellent Katas the are! :up:

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make" -Bruce Leehttp://www.myvidtodvd.com/mysmilies/otn/other/leseratte.gif

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/xerx/smileystooges.gif

um well my favorite katas are probably...Empi Ha, san sei ryu, wando and well I am rather fond of saifa and sanchin even though they are realitvly early taught katas

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN