• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

favourite kata

Tobias_Reece

Hey guys, I was just wondering what everybodys favourite kata is. Personally, I quite like Jion and Jitte, as they as simple, yet powerful. I think Gankaku is also fun to perform.

Tobias

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, favourite kata, well, I only know 6 (and half of several) I'd have to say I HATE kanku dai, which we have to learn... grrr.... My favourite (that I know) is heian nidan, because it's the first kata you learn that has any variation in the techniques, and that's a challenge to work out the Bunkai (that's a lame excuse isn't it...)

My favourite kata is deffinatly Empi, I like it's combinations of controlled moves and fast, strong ones. I also like Jion which I had to learn for my 2nd Dan grading tomorrow. My favourtie Heian kata is Heian Yondan.

"In combat know the enemys rhythm, use a rhythm he cannot anticipate, upset his rhythm, and win." Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)

Oss!

Chris Pullan.

1st Dan Shotokan Karate. (KUGB)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Im new here and I really don´t know how to put the belt thing, put sinceraly, answering this question, the best kata I really like is kanku dai, and one of the biggest reasons is because i had won 2 competitions in Phoenix with this kata.

:karate:

I''m generally more kumite than kata, but i like sanjin (the very first one).... i like the controlled breathing...

Angus.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

I take Shito Ryu so there may be some differences in the Katas but I like Bassai Dai, Jion, Sanchin, Sienchin, and Matsumaha Rohai

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)