• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kicks vs kicks good info...

alot of people were talking about the diffrence in the kicks of Muay thai vs Karate vs TKD etc

here is a good website that shows the diffrences in the round kicks, it's about half way down the page, but there is alot of good info in the site and I would encourage reading it if you have the time.

It compares the round kick of Full contact Karate (Kyokoshin) vs Traditional Karate(Shotokan, etc) vs Tae Kwon Do vs Muay Thai\

http://www.kyokushinmail.com/koya/KickInstruction.htm

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I practice a traditional style of Karate, and our round kick is the one it shows under traditional.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

That is a pretty interesting site. Thanks TJS.

We practiced two types of round house kicks the other night. One was with our front leg the other with our back leg. The front leg round house seemed like it would be most beneficial when being converged upon; e.g. it was comparatively quicker. The back leg round house was similar to the Muay Thai technique in that it used the hips to throw the leg. It was quite powerful and could probably be used if you needed to close some distance. But other than the hip rotation, it was all Shotokan technique.

Grunt

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmond Burk

"A true warrior embodies more than the ability to wage war." - Anonymous

i practice tae kwow do and we do a both a roundhouse with the in-step and ball of foot. and we also use control so it's not totally how our school practices it?

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt