hobz

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious ... what brand, color and wieght are your gi, hobz. You said it was expensive. Quite a few dojos charge too much for a gi. I buy white middleweight gis, size 4 for $32 USD. Anything more than $40 USD and i'd say your getting ripped off.

My rule of thumb for a gi is that if it ever gets caught on your heel when you kick, or if when you punch you can grab the sleeve, then it's too long.

I disagree. A high quality heavy weight gi will cost a little more (often around $100.oo), but will last longer.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Since we're on the subject...

I just got a black gi, I've always had white ones before, and I'm afraid I'm going to turn it grey. It's pure cotton. So far I've soaked it in vinegar as the manufacturer suggested and washed it by itself in cold water. It seems like its already getting some lighter spots! Are there any secrets to keeping a black gi black longer?

I have never had a black gi, but i know that if you turn your jeans inside out, it will keep the jeans form getting too faded in one wash. I don't know if it would work with a gi, but it's worth a shot. It couldn't hurt!

"By the time I was fifteen, I became a white belt."

Fellow New Yorker!!! Yes a lot of schools these days use different colored GI's or combinations. Every school I have been in has been different. I have worn all white, white top/black bottom, all black, black top w/white bottom, and all red.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/