• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Japanese swords

I love to fight with Japanese swords, it's cool. It has always been my dream. But I have already chosen karate. And I'm glad I did it.

Even though I would like to fight with a sword too.

Kill is love

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
There is an Iaido instructor in Estonia, but I'm so busy with karate, that I don't have time :dodgy: :( The boring thing with Iaido, is that there are no Iaido competitions, but in karate, we have Kata Competitions and all is going great with katas.

Kill is love

My instructor teaches some Iaido sometimes and he says people tend to get bored of it quickly. People come in with this romanticized vision of it, thinking "I'm going to be a swordfighter, this is so cool," and then they start doing the Iaido forms, which are these very basic, very simple, yet very precise sets of movements where everything has to be perfect. Of course the people who are great at it are scary... you'll be in two pieces before you even see them move... but it's not what most people expect going into it I guess.

I'd do it more often but I can't think of a time when I'd ever have a katana when being attacked in an alley :).

Plus learning it isn't important enough to me to slip up one day and lose a thumb. I like my thumbs.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

i took ninjistu for a while, it taught some sword stuff and i imagine that the ninja and samurai sword styles are alot alike (my parents made me quit because i was being taught easy ways to kill and immobolize [break their bones and knock them out] them)
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/jae-repeated-kicks.gif