• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does anyone know Minakami Karate Dojo in USA?

mArTiAl_GiRl

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
It would be interesting if anyone knows it or practise Hayashi-ha Shito-ryu there :roll:

WOOHOO! Yeah, i do that style, and i Do it at MINAKAMI KARATE DOJO in Lake City, Washington. There's also one in Bellevue, and Sweden. Shihan Minakami is a great teacher, and internationally recognized. But yeah, i train there. I'm a 4th kyu greenbelt.

MKD (minakami karate dojo) does a pretty good amount of kata. Most of the training comes from Kata, practice of basics, footwork practice, partner drills (lots of this) and kumite. When we spar, it's usually free sparring, and usually not point sparring. We only point spar before tournaments to get used to it.

It would be interesting if anyone knows it or practise Hayashi-ha Shito-ryu there :roll:

Hey martialgirl, Do you plan on coming in to check it out (a better question is, do you live in the seattle area). i'm there basically 5 days a week.

Thank you, SaiFightsMS for the information :)

mikelw, really??? You practise there?? WOW, that's soooo cool.

'Cause I have practised in Sweden, at MKD. And the Sensei's name there is: Per Ola Olsson. He is a very good Sensei and I use to visit his Dojo.

Right now I live in Estonia and shito-ryu doesn't exist here and I practise at another karate Dojo. I really miss MKD :( But I have brought the style to Estonia now and even Peo (Per Ola Olsson) knows about it. :)

I have heard, that Peo visited MKD in USA and he really liked that. So he came to Sweden and made his own MKD :)

When I'll get a bit older, then I'll go back to MKD in Sweden and I'll probably visit it in USA too ;)

Kill is love

shito-ryu started in Okinawa....but to my knowledge the system you refer to is dominated by Japanese guys. One of the coaches of the US team is Shito-ryu. I know Minakami sensei. He was pretty good at fighting and is still in great shape. What questions do you have about kata or what not? If you ask, perhaps we can help.

Trained at WKA, which is Mr. Thiry's org., also Hayashi ha in Seattle for five years. Not sure, but my understanding is He and Minakami Sensei ahd a falling out about twenty years ago, hence two Hayashi ha orgs in the Seattle area.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!