• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Defend Your Style of Karate!

amp

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

im in it because i enjoy it

i feel like i've really built something and every once in a while i get a belt for sticking at it. I was soooo bad when i first started, i've improved so much and want to keep improving. Great social atmosphere after and before class, friendly people.

To answer and clear up anyones confusion. Some states require you to register as a Black Belt if you study martial arts. However rarley is this law enforced nor is it considered registering your hands as Leathal Weapons.

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

i figured id respond to the original concept of this topic real quick. i practice shotokan karate, i do it because it completes me, as corny as that may sound. when i was found deslixic and couldnt do many of the simple things other kids could, karate was there, not shotokan yet, but it gave me something to think about, some heros that other kids didnt have. when i started actually training, i was weak, i was picked on, i was inconfident, but shotokan was there, it picked me up. when i was dumped by the first girl i ever liked, i was heart broken and baried myself in training. shotokan was there then to, and meditation cleared my mind. now as i fall in love with my soon to be fiance, shotokan is here, and i learn that love is the strongest adriniline, on and off the fighting ground. Shotokan is always there for me, i hope someday i can be there for it.

as far as weapon registration goes let me answer that as a law enforcement student, i recently learned were that came from. It dosent matter what rank you are, if people have a fear for there life in a robbery for instance, the charge changes. so running into a home and saying, freez! i have a gun! give me all your money! and saying freez! i know karate, give me all your money! is the same crime: armed robbery

bye all!

:kaioken:

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

So you are saying that when you offer intent to use karate as a weapon, then that is when the law will consider it a weapon? That would seem reasonable.

I think registering yourself as a weapon is less of an issue as is defending your motive in court when you crippled someone in a barfight after ten years of training.

Know thyself.