• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Defend Your Style of Karate!

amp

I'm getting tired of everyone just calling everything karate. It gets old fast. Karate can be...

o Self-defense for women

o Classes for kids trying to kick Ritalin

o A more physical form of babysitting

o Physical fitness routine

o Wreckless fighting

o Sloppy get-rich-quick schemes

o Misguided teachings

o Respectable defense systems

o Traditional systems

o Frightenly effective fighting styles

If you're on this BB and you enjoy your style of karate/kempo/kenpo, tell us what it is and why you're sticking with it.

I'm training in Ryukyu Kempo Karate right now. It's very traditional and horrifically effective. It's effective to the point that I now fully understand why people who train in Kempo are considered weapons more so than many styles.

Know thyself.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Your a weapon wow!!!!!

I agree with your first point though Karate can be everything it is everywhere. I hear Karate is being used for treating the mentally ill and insane too..

ohoh....their on to me...... :lol:

Read a book!

I thought that thing about registereing yourself as a weapon was all a rumor. I really don't have an idea of what it's like in a dojo yet, i still haven't been in any of my local ones.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

I thought that thing about registereing yourself as a weapon was all a rumor.

But wasn't Mel Gibson's charater (Martin Riggs) a Leathal Weapon? Why would hollywood make this up? :lol:

Grunt

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmond Burk

"A true warrior embodies more than the ability to wage war." - Anonymous

I thought that thing about registereing yourself as a weapon was all a rumor.

More of a pick-up line...

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

I'm not sure, but I know that a lot of people make rumors like that. I heard a while ago that as soon as your 1st Kyu you have to register yourself as a deadly weapon, so if you ever assulted anywon it would be assult with a deadly wepon.

Oh yeah amp what about american kenpo? There is a dojo near by that says american kenpo.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

When you reach dan rank you don't register your hands as weapons. It is funny how some people actually believe this. I hope no one in here does. :o

Kenpo Karate is a good mix of Shotokan, Kajakenbo, Juijitsu, and Boxing.