• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often should you attend practice

i got like 4-5 nights a week and i still have a life! just go as much as you want but some people burn out easily(thank goodness i'm not one of 'em, lol) so just go as much as you want i guess!?

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we hvae 3 formal classes a week, but i also train the kickboxing classes with our instructor as well, and a further 2 nights a week i train with him n a few other older black belts, but its less formal, and we train in our own comfortable gear.

if i feel myself burning out ill just take it easy for a week or two, but i like training as much as possible

-= To truly be immortal, you must be ready to face death. =-

• 2 weeks later...
I used to have to go to the dojang at 6 am to train with my Master and then go to school and then come home do homework and to the dojang from about 4 -9 pm. Everyday. Its recommended to go about 2-3 times a week every other dayand on the off days practice what you previously learned to make techniques habit.

Choi, Ji Hoon Instructor-

3rd Dan-Tae Kwon Do

3rd Dan Hapkido

International Haedong Gumdo Federation

Kyuk Too Ki (Korean Kickboxing/Streetfighting)

I guess it depends what level you're at. If you're advanced, maybe a minimum of 2 times a week is sufficient to maintain your skill level. I find a minimum of once a week, maintains my flexibilty level. If I don't train for 2 weeks, I notice my flexibility, reaction, and timing declines

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

My dojo has really two nights a week but I will be going to all the open group or make up classes as well as practicing at home.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

• 2 weeks later...
I go two times a week right now. BUt, I am just about to start going three. I work out five times a week on cardio and weights. I also incorporate grappling. I work out on off days. I need to start stretching more. Does anybody got any tips beside the regular stuff. I mean on the chinese, I got the american both ways. P.S. I am very close to it,just trying to get that last three inches.

i only take class 3 times a week so i have time to practice at home. i think that is the best idea. if i could go down to the studio more often i would though but not every week.

I usually only do 2 formal classes a week, both 2 hours though. Now that the weather is nice I also play softball 3 nights a week. Then I fill in the rest of the time with one hour workouts (usually run a mile or two, do some lifting and then stretch and practice kicks etc). I like to keep mixing things up so I never get burned out on any one thing and it always makes me look forward to the formal classes that much more. All in all, probably about 10 hours of training a week with some other mild physical activity mixed in there and have found that to be quite enjoyable. However, like so many people have said in this thread, you have to find what's comfortable for you.