• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hakutsuru video ?

Chinwoo-er

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Dosen't look like it pal. Unfortunatley the whole world is only concerend about making money, so the chances of finding one free online is pretty slim. I'd like to see a video of suparpine, just to see it.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

No not necessarily BKJ ....

There is alot of "free" mpegs available on the internet on many, many different katas/forms and techniques .... they are there if you know how to look for them!

However, I was unable to track a site down for you spcifically for this kata

I also performed a search on some P2P's which turned out zero... sorry.

Maybe someone else can have better luck?? :wink:

Edited by KickChick

Hmmm well it woudl be nice to share how to find these. I'm pretty curious as to see what some of the goju kattas i've heard of look like. I know another name for suparpine is pechurin.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

When I went searching I did not manage to come up with even a written description of how to do the Goju Hakutsuru. It does seem that there are three versions of hakutsuru. And one of them is a fairly high level kata.

I haven't learned it myself, but I know that it means "white crane" haku=white tsuru=crane

Lots of information about its lineage and such here: http://www.goju-ryu.info/kata/hakutsuru/

I have a friend from Japan who calls it 'hakkaku' (using the same kanji as hakutsuru), but this is kind of interesting because this pronunciation could also mean "eight angles" (or eight cranes for that matter). hmmmm ::shrugs:: That's Japanese for ya. I searched some Japanese sites, but couldn't find any instruction on it. Probably gotta buy this one. sorry ^_^;

I see that you can get a video of it here for $25: http://www.superfoots.com/whitcranhako.html

It used to be on the SRSi website, but SRSI is now members only,and it resisted my efforts to copy and save.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!