• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

although i do a lot of aikido i am a newbie in it (6 months) but i have used it succesfully in a fight, but this was only cause i wasnt frightend and knew what to do.

Could you tell us the story behind it? Always good to get a better perspective on the ways people succeed (or fail) in bad situations like that.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o.k, this story will be kinda long: I went to cinema thinking of what a nice day it is. then, two people came to me and asked me if I had a cigarrete. I said that I was sorry and that i dont smoke. then they startet pissing me off. Then I asked them if they could please leave me alone. After that one of the two tried to give me an atemi in the face. (i knew that would come) then quickly, i did an nikkyo and kicked the other person in the face who tried to help his friend. after that i kicked the one i did the nikkyo to in the stomach and told them to not piss everyone off.

I think the trick in aikido is to bring your enemy in a joint lock or an aikido move but not complete it, but to for example ram or punch your enemy in the ribbs after that.

Be everything. Be nothing.

I can see applying a joint lock on someone that's grabbed you, or isn't expecting to be placed in one from the outset. But if someone was to simply throw a punch or kick at you, one of the principles of Aikido, if not mistaken, is to re-direct their force. From there follow up with a lock or throw.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia