• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So far so good!

I just got back from my 4th night of TKD training... so far I am very sastified!! I am really enjoying it! :D Tomorrow night I actually get to do full contact sparring with my instructor. Of course, he is not going to fight back, he just wants me to come at him with the basic punch and kick moves I have learned, to practice against a real person, and not the bag :wink: .

Nick D.

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's awesome man! I LOVE sparring my head instructor, mostly because he really tests us good. He is awesome when it come to sparring! On small tip, if I may. It's good when you first learn to spar, to start working on combos. Remember: If you kick... land with several punches! Follow any type of close-range kick with quick punches... many times punches win points in tournaments, not kicks.

Fury

~Traing in Songham TaeKwonDo since 2001~

Thanks for the tips Fury! Ill use them on my instructor tonight!!

Nick D.

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Dune.

WOW!!! I got kind of winded when fighting my instructor tonight but it stil felt great!

He was very impressed for a newbie white belt. He said I have incredible torque and power in my legs, he said he could feel it in his arms when he blocked my kicks, and that is counting that I had foot pads on, and he has taken kempo training. He said I need to work on my punches, Im hitting him like a boxer. Being 240lbs though, I was still knocking him back a step or two when I hit him, only problem is, since I hit him and keep pushing my punch into him, It spreads the power out over his whole body, so he wants me to work on 'snapping' my punches to concentrate my power into one area. Anyways, so far so good! He said he cant wait to get my a lil more higher rank, as he seems to think i am goingv to be a great fighter for his school. :D

Nick D.

"I will not fear...

Dune.

That is soo awesome man! There is a lot to work on and remember, but just focus on what your instructor tells you, because he is watching your technique, and that is something that we can't do. We can give you advice anytime you want, but take his advice to heart, as i KNOW you will!

Great job man, very sweet!

Fury

btw: We don't allow students to spar until they reach the "Camo" belt, which is 6 months into the training, so thats awesome for you! The sooner the better!

~Traing in Songham TaeKwonDo since 2001~