• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chinese MA vs Japanese MA. Jet Li's answer.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seven Punches with one hand punching or both hands??

"Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole body and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.''-Einstein

• 1 month later...

Kyle-San said-Indeed. Seven is an excellent film.

Hmmmmmmm, got to disagree. Of course its personal preference,so this is not an insult. But everybody that saw that movie thought it was awful

Hmmmmmmm, got to disagree. Of course its personal preference,so this is not an insult. But everybody that saw that movie thought it was awful

Of course it's personal preference, however the "everybody" that I know loved it.

Seven Punches with one hand punching or both hands??

uhhh...i'm pretty possitive he meant both hands :brow:

i thought william cheung had the record with 8.3 punches per second :-?

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.

yeah im pretty sure william cheung had it but somewhere i read the most was 11. i understand the theory behind punches and myself train to get faster punches and i can comprehend 7-8 but 10 seems like a bit oo much, can you imagine 10 punches a second. i think if its has been done the power has been sacrificed a lot however i think up to 5-6 punches a seconds can be done with each punch having the full maximum power as just a single punch.

any other views on this?

Move off line from the first punch and the other nine won't matter. Jet Li is a great Martial Artist, very talent. I'm sure in a real fight his Kung Fu wouldn't look like that at all. The stuff he does on screen is for entertainment, it's not very practical, but it's beautiful to watch. I have a lot of friends who are asian actors and they study martial arts because that's what Hollywood wants from asian actors. They all study Wu Chu, or Wing Chun or Jeet Kune Do, because they look great on screen. Most of the Chinese Arts are very flowery and dance like, but in a real fight you won't see that.

In Fist of Legend Jet Li is at a draw with the Old Japanese Karate guy, he doesn't beat him because his intent wasn't bad intent. All the other guys had bad intent, and Jet was able to defeat them. Classic Good beats Evil.

If you want to see some good Karate watch THE STREET FIGHTER with Sonny Chiba, there's a movie in this series I don't know which one, but Sonny Chiba fights this little, chubby, Karate Master, and this guy is AWESOME. Susposedly the guy is a real Master in Japan, Sonny Chiba gets his ass kicked and Sonny is the star. So the main character does lose in this case.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Yes, I imagine the question to Jet Li refered to punching with both hands.

When my club did it, they were punching with both hands, karate style in shikodatchi.

Now I wasn't the one who took the measurement, nor was I there, but that is the supposed result. They punched as fast as they could for 10 seconds, then divided the number of punches by 10. Who knows how good the punches were.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

Sounds like a good marketing tool, and smoke and mirrors to me. Showmanship is all it is.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I havent seen fist of a legend since i was like 7, and the only fight scene i even remember is the last big one against that general guy. Can anyone fill me in on some of the stuff that happined, like the plot and why someone thought that it was trying to say that chinese arts better than japenese ones.