Could it be possible...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree also, Muay Thai is a complete and very interesting Martial Art. The thing about Martial arts is in the dojo there are rules, in the tournament there are rules. In real life, there are no rules. If you are in a real situation, do whatever you have to to survive.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

Normal kickboxing is the sports platform for all the other martial arts to compete. That is karate tkd etc etc...

Thanx for the posts peoples.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Ken I think what you actualy implied was that all karate-ka were fools.

I quote: Any fool can do a front kick.

You also seemed to think that only kickboxers or muay thai practicioners can do roundhouse kick.

Sorry but look at Chuck Norris (Tang Soo Do), Frank Brennan (Shotokan), Mas Oyama (Kyokoshinkai) etc.

How do you block a Jodan (head Height) roundhouse with your shin or knee?. Unless you are a contorsionist.

Respect to Mr Inosanto

karateronin is the Chief Instructor of Karate International Black Belt Schools UK.

Right.. when I said any fool can do a front kick, that means anyone can do it. It's very easy to do and can hurt even without hip power thrown in.

The good round kick is really only done by Thai-boxers and certain good systems of martial arts. Many arts call their kick a "round kick" but use more quad strength than hip power. It's rare to see martial artists throw a good powerful round kick.

How does a person block a head high kick? You can use your elbow, since a head high kick has less power. Or choose not to block it and cut out the other leg of your opponent instead.

Chuck learned the round kick from Muay Thai.. The other martial arts of Shotokan and Kyokushinkai adapted the Muay Thai kick. Nothing wrong with that, it's great that these arts are evolving. Much like Muay Thai is adapting western boxing into their systems.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

ken what books you been reading??

Chuck learnt it from muay thai?

The guy was a world champion several times before muay thai even raised its head in the west..

Other systems especially Japanese and Korean martial arts evolved from Tang Te or chinese hand which evolved from shoulin kung fu which evolved from INDIAN karipyit

And you cant beat a good indian as they say in Bradford, Yorkshire.

And you can even get chicken tikka and onioin bahjies at our Mc D`s

karateronin is the Chief Instructor of Karate International Black Belt Schools UK.

[ This Message was edited by: karateronin on 2001-08-31 14:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: karateronin on 2001-08-31 14:43 ]

Yea... but he was a "kickboxing" champ, not a Muay Thai champ. He has since learned Muay Thai and Brazillian Jujitsu. The Muay Thai round kick was incorporated by Kyokushin and other arts in the recent years.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.