• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There is one person who always get me in a sleeper hold (aka vascular choke) when he is trying to impress others. I have tried to find out how I can get out of this CHEAP MOVE :kaioken: , but most of the tips I have gotten apply only if you are still standing. When this guys gets me in the sleeper hold though, he immediately drags me to the ground and then lets go. So far, he has only done this to me when other people are around, so you can imagine how humiliating this is. I would like to know how I can get out of this choke and then wrestle this guy to the ground like he has been doing to me.

Any help on this subject would be very much appreciated!

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

-Will Rogers-

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i can help. You can do a scooping throw on him if i can explain it to you. ok here goes

Once he has grabbed you:

Take your left leg and step out to your left with it.

Take your right leg and bring towards your left leg, then bring it

behind him.

Lean over and grab his pants with each hand at his knees.

Hold on and lean back.

THIS SHOULD SLAM HIM.

Yeah my buddy tought a few of his buddys the rear naked choke and they come up behind me and sink it, I say "Ok, lets go to the gym and start standing face to face" most of time they wont go, sometimes they do and I beat them.

White Belt - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

my friends don't even start with me anymore, but its hilarious because for my own amusement i teach them each a different move and they use it on each other.

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

Hmmm if he is sneaking it on you, it would be rather difficult to block once he has it on tight. The only thing I would suggest is if he is behind you and you feel the initial grab, put your chin down immediately.

That will relieve some of the pressure. Then try what coltmakai suggested. If you are on the ground, you may be able to sit forward and roll out of it. If he has it on tight...I have no idea. It is a very tough hold when done properly.

Catch me if you can!