• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What's your favorite Chinese take out dish ???

Smith amp Wesson

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr you can keep the kimchee. I smelled that stuff being made; the real stuff. The whole village reeked. Not to mention trying to get on a bus right after lunch and not asphyxiate from the collective bad breath it causes.

In Korea you walk past all sorts of people who've eaten enough kimchi for the garlic to actually waft out of their pores. It was overwhelming sometimes. I can't imagine getting that stuff anywhere near my mouth.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

I don't think I've ever had Korean or Japanese food...just Chinese. I wouldn't even know where to look, honestly!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I grew up eating in Chinese restaurants, that's really comfort food for me. Kung pao, Szechwan anything, moo shu veggies, all good stuff...and no one's mentioned dim sum! How could you live without a regular dim sum fix?? Japanese food is great too, although my current favorite is definitely Thai...spicy/sour tom yum soup, eggplant drowned in hot curry sauce...now I'm hungry.

However, I've not yet been able to develop an appreciation for Korean & Vietnamese food. I've tried Vietnamese places a few times but always feel like I'm just not ordering the right thing. Surely the giant bowls of bland noodle soup with enormous chunks of half-raw beef I've gotten are not authentic?? Korean I've only tried twice, a long time ago, should try again.

Mmm, szechwan or Kung pao chicken, or shrimp, or beef... :D

For Korean food it's gotta be bulgogi and kimchi is really good too! Thai food is awsome: a green cury is one of the best dishes ever. Japenese: I went to a japenese resturant once. It wasa crazy! They cooked everything right in front of you, flipping knives, food, and utensils all over the place. And oh LORD was it tasty!

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

Mmm, szechwan or Kung pao chicken, or shrimp, or beef... :D

For Korean food it's gotta be bulgogi and kimchi is really good too! Thai food is awsome: a green cury is one of the best dishes ever. Japenese: I went to a japenese resturant once. It was crazy! They cooked everything right in front of you, flipping knives, food, and utensils all over the place. And oh LORD was it tasty!

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

My favorite Chinese take out is Kung Pao Chicken or General Tso's Chicken (They're not as healthy because of being deep fried but ....

...and the standard Beef w/Broccoli ). When I need to "be good" I try and order Cantonese which is lighter.... and I love Szechuan!!!

I also order lots of steamed rice cause I tend to overeat when we have Chinese so I fill up on the rice so I eat less of the other dishes. Another reason to eat rice is that it is a complex carbohydrate. Besides being low in calories... complex carbohydrates boost the metabolism.

as far as Japanese.... I love the hibachi-type restaurants .... and SUSHI!!

like tekka machi and nigiri zushi