• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
It's always good for people who have done only Striking Arts to take grappling. You'll learn a whole world of new techniques and skills that you won't see in standing arts, that will make you better overall.

I have written in the thread "Is their kata in Aikido" where I have written what Aikido is like. I have written about a billion posts in General and this JJ section about Aikido so perhaps you could dig some of them up. If you want some specifics PM me and I will be glad to give you a hand.

Regards,

The difference is that Jujitsu is a combative art (how to kill in combat) and Judo is a combative sport(like boxing or wrestling where the idea is not to hurt your opponent). Jigoro Kano, the founder of Judo, wanted to lead more people to "TheWay" and so he took the really dangerous moves out of Jujitsu and called it a sport. Then to make it more appealing and so everyone could feel special he added the colored belt system that we all know and love. Before Jigoro you were a white belt untill you were a black belt.

Some instructors teach Judo to be effective in the street but most do not. I was lucky enought to have an instructor that taught combat Judo. Then again he had a back ground in Jujitsu. If you want to know how to fight then take Jusitsu. If you like tourament competition then take Judo.

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " Gen. George S. Patton Jr.