• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always end up seeing the movies 1/2 an hour into them, on some TBS special. I've seen most of the first one, and I like it for the most part...after all, it is still a classic.

My least favorite part of the movie is when Daniel-san is hugging that blond chick for the first time, like such a dweeb. I can practically hear him going:

"*heavy breathing* G-g-giiirrrll... *heavy breathing* p-pretty giiirrllll... *heavy breathing*........*sniffs her hair*"

I usually get a snack during that scene :D

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Gotta take a movie like this for what it is.... a movie... Most people that watch these movies know nothing about the Martial Arts so they can get away with just about anything.

I love how after he paints the fence and the house how when Myagi attacks him he has the timing and technique down to not get hit. Damn after all the cars I've washed and things I've painted I wish I could block like that. LOL

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

:lol:

The first time I watched that scene since I had begun MA training, I remember just thinking: "He's blocking with his wrist like that?? What's he doing?? He's gonna break his wrist!" I could be wrong about that, but that's just what it looks like to me.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• 1 month later...
The sad thing is that almost half of Karateka's wouldint be practicing karate if it wasint for that movie.......and of course Bruce Lee!

Danuall san- "Up you'res OLD man, wax your own DAM cars, im goin out ta get LAID"

-Scott

https://www.worldkarate.net

So whats with that "Crane" kung fu stance? It's not karate. If it is it's very weird and I ain't been taught it before....

One of the styles that had a strong influence in Okinawan Karate was the Crane style of kung fu... you can find the Crane stance and moves in many of the advance karate Katas.

• 3 weeks later...