• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is the weakness in your style?

Kazuki

what is the weakness in your style?In Ryukyu Hon Kenpo Karate-do i figured it out in July last year. I was kumiting with a Shodan in Shorin Ryu and was badly being beaten then after this Kumite he told me the weakness to my style "The weakness is that the stances are so wide that its hard for one to manuver around."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'm A Isshin ryu stylist,Which is a combo of kobayashi shorinryu,& Gojuryu.If there's a weakness in isshinryu?i cant find it. PS The purpose of MA, IS defending oneself from an agressor,Or Agressors. I Like kumite,But it will not help you in any altercation. That being said, If you wld make you stances shorter & more natural.You wld be able to shift,Or go in & OUt faster,Or maybe parry/sidestep much easier,Get out of the danger zone & strike. :)

what is the weakness in your style?In Ryukyu Hon Kenpo Karate-do i figured it out in July last year. I was kumiting with a Shodan in Shorin Ryu and was badly being beaten then after this Kumite he told me the weakness to my style "The weakness is that the stances are so wide that its hard for one to manuver around."
Yes, I have to agree that Shorin -ryu pretty much kicks butt. :D I would say our weakness is lack of extesive groundfighting.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

My style, if you can call it that, is good at most things and that's its weakness. It is not great at anything. We do the usual striking, throwing, locks, ground fighting, sparring, self defense... etc. The only way to get great, in my style, is to go every day, and practice more than once a day. Too bad I have to work and go to school... :P

My style doesn't have a name.

You will see a lot of reference in different forms to using low stances to train and higher stances to fight. The low stance to build strenght and the higher stance for mobility. Sometimes that is left out until the higher ranks though.

I'm A Isshin ryu stylist,Which is a combo of kobayashi shorinryu,& Gojuryu.

No, Kobayashi Ryu comes from Choshin Chibana, a student of Anko Itosu. It is not connected to Isshin ryu in any significant way.

Isshin ryu comes from Chotoku Kyan, Chojun Miyagi, Choki Motobu and Taira Shinken.

While Kyan did teach "shorin-ryu" it was a different form and lineage then Kobayashi.

If there's a weakness in isshinryu?i cant find it.

Then you are either not looking, or refusing to admit it.

PS The purpose of MA, IS defending oneself from an agressor,Or Agressors. I Like kumite,But it will not help you in any altercation.

Depends on what you mean by kumite, why not just say sparring.

It will if you do it right. If you use silly contrived rules which eliminate and restrict useful techniques and promote the use of flashy ones then yes, it will be of LESS value, but not of NO value.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

I took Shorin-ryu for two years. There are no low or wide stances in it. The weaknesses of Shorin-ryu are:

-Have trouble defending aginst low-kicks. Even though it teches to kick low.

-Moving to the outsie of a Shorin-ryu fighter, thats there turf.

I am currently taking Uech-ryu. I have not been able to exploit many weaknesses on my fellow Karateka. Although Uechi-ryu does not have as many techniques as Shorin-ryu.

i do go-kan-ryu

the weaknesses are linear attacks (which is kinda like most karate styles) although we do move laterally

and defence versus low kicks the only real defences to them we have are sweeps and moving quickly.