• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are there any weight restrictions at dojos?

BKJ1216

I am 5'3 and weigh 115 lbs....and I wear a 3 or 4 (depending on style). I think a 4 or 5 would be too small for you! I would go to a 6 and shorten the pants if you need to. I think they even come in 7 and 8-check out Century.

Don't train at a school that doesn't respect you as a person and is more concerned about how their students look! :)

Welcome to the martial arts family!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what thaks for you help everyone. But I got about three months to lose weight before I start karate in the first place. I'll aks my instroctore when I sign up to help me get the right size.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Too much lol

I'm 5'8" 280

Your best bet is going to be a Pro Force 8. And do not get all cotton because of the shrinkage. And plan on having to get the pants hemmed.

There is a company that makes larger gi's. I am having trouble finding the link though.

I found one this wasn't the one I was thinking of though.

http://www.dragon-tsunami.org/Products/Pages/Meijin.htm

Well I just don't know were to go to get the pants hemmed, and sleeves hemmed. The reason I don't want a 8 is because the height is 6'5"-6'8".

I just noticed the link that you sent me makes all cotton gi so should I still get them from there? And if I do get a size 8 what all will I need to hem on it because I'm only 5'8" and there is a foot difference there.

*edit*

I just now looked at those prices and those are insane. I'll like wait till I'm actually in karate and see what my instructor can do for me. I think it's best too because there may be a certain brand or embroidery I may have to get or something.

You join martial arts, you can take care of that weight :D though there will be problems doing the basics in the beginning, you will become as fit as you had never imagined :)

|Mayur|