• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are weekend Martial Arts Camps worth going to???

I got some info about a Don Madden Martial Arts Camp coming up in WV later this year. Has anyone ever gone to one of these, or similar, camps???

Are they worth the trouble???

Any other info, good or bad about them???

Kung Fu - Orange Sash *Last attended 1998

Tetsu Hei(MMA) - White Belt

Aikido - White Belt

Ju-Jitsu - White Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In my style there have been lots of courses at least 2 a year. We have a "summer camp" which is a week of karate and a grading on thursday and a contest on friday. And there is also an anual winter camp.

I went to the summer camp once and it was quite good, we trained a few hours a day then I passed my gradin' :brow:

So I think they're worth it yea

Black belt- Shotokan

Everybodies going Kung-fu fighting. LMAO

It depends on the camp. I've never been to one that was absolutely worthless, bot some weren't as helpful as others. The main reason I go to camps is to train with unfamiliar people, and sometimes to meet people who do other styles.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

It boasts three broad categories

• Advanced Kung Fu & Tai Chi
  • Winning Karate Fighting Techniques
  • Elite Ju-Jitsu Instrutction

Then it has about half a dozen sub topics listed for each of the above mentioned areas.

I am interested in about half of what two of them will be about, so could be way kewl. I am trying to get more info on how the training tracks will actually be scheduled to determine if it would be worth while, but also still haven't seen the price, I have a feeling it is going to be too expensive, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Kung Fu - Orange Sash *Last attended 1998

Tetsu Hei(MMA) - White Belt

Aikido - White Belt

Ju-Jitsu - White Belt

Usually, camps/seminars run in the range of $80-$200. :o

Sometimes they're cheaper, depending on the level of instruction and how new the camp is. Also, sometimes they will offer discounts to instructors, or even group rates.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I have only been to one camp, but it was well worth it. As long as everyone keeps in mind that you are there to learn something from someone else and not try to have the "i'm better than you" attitude, they can run fairly well. It also gave the students from our dojo a chance to go hang out with each other, something that is hard to do.