• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you feel is the best martial art?

Alright I'd just like everyone to tell me what they think is their favorite martial art. You can add reasons if you'd like, and please don't say it's your facorite just beacuse it's the one you study.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think brazilian jj and muay thai, the combination of them both is the perfect martial art, because of muay thais striking(and clinch work) and bjj's crazy grappling and ground fighting. This combination is fantastic.

I also have the utmost respect for jeet kune do, which is a complete martial art. sorry, way of no ways.

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

Well, for some minor problems I have with the art I would say Aikido.

Biological, well in terms of body mechanics, it is superior in power generation that most. The way that the art is taught and the appreciation of the direction of energy, makes Aikido (at high levels) nearly invincinble. Energy moves the same way, no matter what the attack. So if you understand the energy then no attack at any range should be a worry.

The techniques are subtle and powerful, giving you the choice between retraining your attacker or breaking them.

The focus on tai sabaki (body movements) over blocking techniques, can yield better results in the long term. As evasion will tactically put you in a better position to counter than a block.

Covers weapons training which although trains in weapons that wont appear in the street (sword, staff), it can be easier abapted to more real weapons like baseball bats, snooker ques and ofcouse knife training is very important in any martial art.

Thats all I have to say about that.........

Oh no, this forum is just inviting a my arts better that your arts speil.

But if I were to list my favourite arts, the one i respect most.

Muay Thai for the conditioingn and general hardness of its fighters.

Aikido for is great throws, locks and energy perspective.

Jui-jitsu but Brazilian and traditional for is throws chokes, submissions. Although I find Traditional a little more complete and BJJ more applicable faster.

JKD for its philosophy and flexibilty.

Ba Qua of its uniques cricular tactics.

Karate, when used correctly it is complete, fast and brutally efficient.

Mind, body and fist. Its all a man truly needs.

I guess I should mention now, no one comment or say anything like [Monkeygirl Edit:: Just don't make insulting or offensive comments ;) ::Edit] I actually want this thing to last long so don't insult someones martial arts unless your an expert in it yourself.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

I also think it would be worth people trying to pick ONE style thats their favourite. I always think its easy to list a few, but picking one is hard. Then actually explain why you like that style.

Perhaps.

I also think it would be worth people trying to pick ONE style thats their favourite. I always think its easy to list a few, but picking one is hard. Then actually explain why you like that style.

Perhaps.

I dont think there is a best, MMA fighters are the best in the world.

I think MT is proabably the best standup fighting in the world

I think Boxers are the best punchers in the world

I think BJJ'ers are the best ground figheters in the world

I think Judo has the best throws in thw world

I think Wrestling has the best takedowns in the world

I think Krav Maga is the best street self defense system in the world

now, combine some proven techniques from each style and you will be unstopable. certain stlye are the best at one aree but knowing two or more will completly change things.

TJS,

I think it takes either takes talent or alot of training in a single art to recognize what is really good from other arts. There are many people that have come and gone to our club that had 10-20 years of various martial arts experience. I'd say they were good at none of their arts. Their hodge podge of mediocre techniques were their undoing.

I'd say training in one art has helped me appreciate and understand other arts better. I would however be hesitant to art jump until I had gained competence in one.