• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ever think about quitting because of injuries?

Wimp. Just kiddin ya, Sub :D Like I said before, I never quit cause of injuries. I just hurt my wrist from a bad fall in class, but it's not stopping me from typing. Why should it stop me from training?

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never. I could never quit. My art, my school is my passion. I don't know what I'd do without it. Besides, every martial artist has suffered some kind of injury, it just makes for good war stories. I have enough to fill a few pages. Gives me something to talk about with my friends of different styles. I've never believe in quitting because of small, or even large setbacks. If i quit it will be because the passion is gone, which won't happen, or if I am paralyzed, or something, which won't happen.

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

I had to stop training two months ago because of torn ligaments in my ankle. It's the worst thing that could happen to me. I keep on bugging the physical therapist about when I could go back. But I'm also nervous to go back because I'm worried it will happen again.

"Nothing is impossible to the willing mind."

"Dont quit it if you love it. Just find another Art that doesnt seem like you will kill yourself trying to study it."

yeh i agree. if you love it then continue training once your injuries are healed. there are always more career ambitions and ideas for personal development. you never know you could be a movie star in the future earning loads of money or other ideas likes club, training, personal trainer e.t.c.

I had to stop training two months ago because of torn ligaments in my ankle. It's the worst thing that could happen to me. I keep on bugging the physical therapist about when I could go back. But I'm also nervous to go back because I'm worried it will happen again.

Ditto. You should see my black and blue bruising in my foot. Even my toes are discolored. At least I'm off the crutches and air cast now. The worst part of the whole thing is my golf league starts in a few weeks. Maybe I can drive the beer cart.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

I have not thought about stopping my training. As I have aged though I have thought about, how will I do this stuff when i am 60? I can see myself doing Eskrima still for sure. And I want to continue in Kempo. But the training does take a toll. I have recently torn the ACL in my right knee. 20 years ago I tore the left ACL. At the moment I could not kick to save my life. Hoping to get the right repaired soon. My current injuries makes me think all the time about defending myself off of such an unstable platform(my legs) I have almost no lateral stability unless I wear a brace. I hope to get surgery in late June. But i am not thinking of stopping, just how to adapt an overcome!

"The more we change, the more we stay the same"