• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ever think about quitting because of injuries?

Yeah, I agree. I think quiting MA because of a bad teacher is not OK. If you have to deal with a sensei who is not good and you feel that, just go to another dojo. Quiting a hobby just because you didn;t find the right teacher ... no, don't do this. You deserve the best, go and find it :) When you feel your MA passion is gone, ask yourself why. If there are more "cons" than "pros", then quit. Hope you'll never have to do it, but it's your choice, you should be happy in what you do :karate:

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hyper extended right elbow and sprained left wrist, from hitting a heavy bag too hard years ago. They both still bother me, anyone know of any treatments?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I agree, I never quit training either. But still looking for a treatment, it's annoying having an injury.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Just when my rib was beginning to feel better I just happen to sprain my ankle a few days ago. Got an x-ray last night and should know if it's broke or not today. I'm gonna be out for a couple months. No more jumping spin kicks for me anymore. This is where I draw the line.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

I've not been injured yet. I've had some bruises and aches, of course, but never an actual injury, not even a bloody nose yet.

I've only been involved for 9 months though and sometimes I keep getting yelled at to 'watch my toes' when I'm performing kicks, so I guess if I get injured in the near future it'll most likely be a broken toe.

I love karate and wouldn't want to give it up, but I do occassionally worry about injuries. I've been involved in music all my life and the thought of breaking a finger and badly damaging it kills me. If I was to break a finger and it was to heal ok then I wouldn't be too bothered, but its just if I was to break it badly and it was to heal awkwardly and impair my ability to play music, then I would crack up.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

I broke my ankle on my first day of karate. It was the most embarrassing thing to happen to me and what made it worse was that the kick that broke my leg was so easy I could do it even when my leg was swollen after the cast came off but I did kickboxing and I wouldn't let it make me quit.